Hi! Happy belated Thanksgiving. or Friendsgiving. Or Queersgiving. Or End of November. No matter what you celebrate, if you’re anything like me, you need a book to help yourself recover from too much pie, too much family, or too much Dog Show.
In honor of treating yourself, I’ve found some place you can score deals on books (mine or others you’ve been itching to read).
Amazon: Spend $20 on ebooks before Dec. 4th. Get $5 back to spend on ebooks. You could read the whole Oak Bluffs High series AND The Ten Fantastic Fails of Rory O’Leary!
Barnes and Noble: 10% off online orders. You can still find the first edition of Secret Heart there!
Visit IndieBound to find a independent bookseller near you. The store may be having special sales or promotions or local coupons! Plus, IndieBound has copies of all five of my books!
Why should you shop indie? When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
- Spend $100 at a local-owned business and $52 of that stays in your community.
- Spend $50 at a national chain and keep $6.50 in the local community.
- Spend $50 online with a remote vendor with no sales tax collected and keep not one penny in your local community.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community–where they belong.
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
Remember, my books (and millions of others) are always free at your public library! If they don’t have what you want, ask a librarian to order one for you. Librarians love to buy what customers crave!