School and Library Visits
Danielle travels frequently around the United States and Southwestern Canada. She’s more than happy to fit in a book club, school visit or talk with her travels if the dates match up, or she can be booked for bookstore events, school -wide assemblies, writing classes and camps, or conferences. She is also available for Skype visits. Please email her at danielle (@) danielledreger (dot) com to see about scheduling a visit.
- Gay Straight Alliances (GSA) or and similar school clubs at schools and colleges are always FREE and she raffles off a signed copy of Secret Heart.
- Book club visits- $75 and she raffles off a signed copy of the book being discussed.
- 30-minute Skype session- Free to GSA and similar clubs, and church youth groups, $50 for everything/everyone else.
- 45-minute presentation with Q&A- $200 and transportation costs, includes a signed copy of a book.
- 60-minute presentation with Q&A- $250 and transportation costs, includes a signed copy of a book.
- 90-minute presentation with Q&A- $325 and transportation costs, includes a signed copy of a book.
- Panel discussion or conference –price varies by location and event. Please contact danielle (@) danielledreger (dot) com for a quote.
Mentoring Young Writers
Danielle loves to work with young writers, especially preschoolers, teens, and everything in between. Before she was a teen librarian or an author, she spent years working as a writing tutor and mentoring youth.
Whether it is 1/1, small group, or a classroom workshop, the result is always the same: youth have produced a piece of work they are proud of or a draft of something new. She’s worked with preschoolers to create stories for their classroom, and has helped tweens and teens compose essays, short stories, and more.
Rates will vary depending on the length of time, number of youth, and what the desired outcome will be. The basic rates can be found below.
- 30-minute 1/1 mentoring session- $25; $7.50 per additional youth (up to 5 total).
- 60-minute 1/1 mentoring session, $50; 1/1 (up to 5 total).
- 30-minute class or hands-on workshop (15-20 students)- $200; $7.50 per additional youth.
- 60-minute class or hands-on workshop (15-20 students)- $325; $7.50 per additional youth.
Copy and Content Editing
- Basic copyediting: $.06/word or $12/per page.
- Heavy copyediting: $40/hour. Pace: 2 to 5 pages an hour.
- Substantive editing or line editing: $50/hour. Pace: 1 to 6 pages per hour.
- Developmental editing: $60/hour. Pace: 2 to 5 pages per hour.
- Formatting for self-publishing: $75/hour.
- Book jacket design: $150 and up.
- Turnaround time for editing is 14-21 days depending on the length of the manuscript*. Jobs that require a quick turnaround in 8-13 days will have a $75 rush fee. Jobs that require rapid turnaround in 2-7 days will have a $200 rush fee. Jobs with a turnaround less than 48 hours will not be considered.
*Please note that I cannot take on manuscripts over 100,000 words.
Contact: danielle (at) danielledreger (dot) com for additional information.